Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury Case Examples
Examples of various personal injury cases and, specifically, cases involving medical malpractice.
- What happens if you lose a medical malpractice case? DetailsBefore pursuing legal action it’s essential to weigh the pros and cons of filing a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Misdiagnosis Injury & Death Statistics DetailsIn this article we explore the implications of misdiagnosis, emphasizing the need for better practices, resources and accountability in the medical field.
- Wacky weatherman lawsuit DetailsIn today’s litigious society, all sorts of frivolous lawsuits are brought before the courts. Would you believe that a woman actually sued a TV weatherman for making the wrong weather prediction?
- How cancer patients can be victims of medical malpractice DetailsBeing able to quickly diagnose cancer is critical to a patient getting the treatment needed to successfully treat it. Unfortunately, cancer misdiagnosis continues to be an ongoing problem.
- Is racial bias a factor in medical malpractice cases? DetailsTime and time again, studies have demonstrated racial bias amongst doctors but implicit bias and cultural stereotypes still linger.
- Medical malpractice after a car accident DetailsThere are issues that can arise from trying to determine who is liable for medical malpractice injuries following a car accident that was the result of negligence.
- Car accidents are caused by dogs more frequently than you may think DetailsThere are many causes of car accidents such as distracted driving, speeding, driving under the influence. But, thousands of accidents result from an unfortunate encounter with an off-leash dog.
- The worst type of medical malpractice cases DetailsMedical malpractice can happen for any number of reasons with serious results to patients. But, some cases show such a flagrant disregard for patient safety that they’re considered to be some of the worse cases in the U.S.
- Anesthesia, when administered correctly, shouldn’t cause a heart attack DetailsRegardless of the type of anesthesia, if it’s improperly administered, it can result in complications for the patient, from those that are minor in nature to life-threatening complications.
- Nurse medical malpractice cases DetailsIf you are injured or harm as a result of negligence on the part of a doctor or surgeon, you may have a case for medical malpractice. But, if your injury was the result of negligence on the part of a nurse, you may also have a claim of medical malpractice.
- Common birth injury lawsuits DetailsBirth injuries occur during the process of childbirth while the mother is in labor or during delivery. Some birth injuries can result in severe complications for the child, resulting in a permanent disability, and, even worse, death.
- Severe burn personal injury lawsuits DetailsThe extreme pain that accompanies a severe burn injury coupled with the permanent scarring and/or disfigurement can leave a victim of severe burn injuries with a lifetime of emotional pain and suffering.
- Heart attacks and medical malpractice DetailsIt’s estimated that 1.5 million heart attacks and strokes happen in the U.S. each year. Unfortunately, studies have shown that 11,000 to 40,000 heart attacks are misdiagnosed in ER’s across the nation each year.
- Cases of surgical instruments being left inside patients DetailsThe National Center for Biotechnology Information estimates that there are approximately 1,500 cases of surgical instruments being left inside patients every year. What are the consequences to these patients?
- Medication underprescribing and underdosing errors DetailsMedication underprescribing and underdosing are just two examples of medication errors, mistakes that result in the death of 7,000 to 9,000 people every year in the U.S. Underdosing or underprescribing an can occur due to an error on the part of a doctor, pharmacist, or nurse.
- Failure to communicate test results is medical malpractice DetailsOne of the leading causes of misdiagnosis is failure to communicate test results to a patient. This type of negligence on the part of a physician, lab, or other testing facility can result in serious, if not, fatal consequences for the patient in question.
- How to prove brain injury DetailsA victim of a traumatic brain injury can be left with permanent cognitive, psychological, physical, and emotional disabilities, depending upon the severity of the injury. If the injury resulted from negligence on the part of another, you need to contact a brain injury attorney.
- Cancer patient medical malpractice claims DetailsWhen it comes to cancer, early detection and diagnosis offer the patient the best possible outcome. If cancer is not correctly diagnosed or misdiagnosed, it can have devastating results for a patient.
- Did the doctor perform the wrong surgery? DetailsSurgical errors are a form of negligence. The consequences for the victim can be serious and even potentially life-threatening.
- Improper lab procedures and results are medical malpractice DetailsAccurate diagnostic testing and lab procedures are the cornerstone of prescribing the appropriate course of treatment. When errors are made in testing procedures, they can have disastrous consequences for patients.
- What happens when a surgical instrument is left inside the body after surgery? DetailsSurgical instruments left inside a patient’s body is a real problem for surgeons and hospitals. The National Center for Biotechnology Information estimates that there are approximately 1,500 cases of retained surgical instruments every year.
- Brain injury from medical malpractice DetailsWhile a majority of brain injuries are the result of a traumatic blow to the head as the result of an accident or fall, medication, diagnostic, and surgical errors can all result in significant brain damage.
- Waking up during surgery DetailsMillions of people in the U.S. are administered anesthesia for some type of procedure or surgery every day. Unfortunately, about 1-2 persons out of every 1,000 end up waking up during surgery due to a medical error.
- Medical complications from pelvic mesh DetailsThe pelvic mesh has provided relief to thousands of women who experience chronic POP or SUI. However, these products have become increasingly associated with a variety of health issues.
- Did you go blind due to medical malpractice? DetailsLosing your vision is life-changing and can result in serious emotional trauma because you become disconnected from the world you’ve always known. It’s particularly devastating if it’s the result of negligence on the part of your eye doctor.
- Did the doctors cause your child’s cerebral palsy DetailsCerebral palsy, the most common motor disability in childhood, is really a group of disorders that affect movement and muscle tone. Of children born with CP, 10-15% have it due to medical negligence …
- Failure to diagnose cancer DetailsA failure to diagnose your cancer can result in a lack of appropriate treatment which can compromise your health and lower your chances of survival.
- Failure to properly diagnose brain tumor DetailsIf a brain tumor is undiagnosed and untreated, it can result in devastating consequences for the patient as well as his or her family members and friends.
- Famous medical malpractice cases DetailsMore than 250,000 people die every year from surgical errors and negligence in the U.S.; many more individuals sustain injuries, some of which are permanent. Some of these cases have made the news.
- Commonly misdiagnosed diseases DetailsEach year, approximately 100,000 Americans die or are permanently disabled due to a misdiagnosed disease or a delay in diagnosis. Some diseases prove hard to diagnose because, currently, there is no real test to prove that they exist.
- The most common personal injury case types DetailsThe idea behind a personal injury lawsuit is to prove that, due to negligence or intent on the part of the defendant, the plaintiff suffered injury. Common case types include car accidents, slip and fall …
- Famous medical malpractice cases from celebrities DetailsAccording to Johns Hopkins Hospital, medical malpractice ranks third as the leading cause of death in the U.S. While it occurs every day across the country, when it happens to a celebrity, it garners a lot of media attention…
- Wrongful death on vacation DetailsVacations should be time for kicking back, relaxing, and having fun. Sadly, for some people, their vacation can take a deadly turn due to negligence on the part another party, business, or company or the intentional act of another.
- Common examples of medical malpractice DetailsMedical malpractice happens as the result of a negligent act or omission on the part of a doctor, hospital, or other healthcare professional, resulting in an injury to the patient. The negligence may involve errors in diagnosis, treatment, aftercare, or health management…
Disclaimer: The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.