California Attorney, How and Why
For more than 20 years, Scott S. Harris has been representing malpractice and other types of personal injury claims for clients in his hometown of San Diego, CA.
- Does a slam dunk personal injury case require an attorney? DetailsDo you believe you have a slam dunk personal injury case because it will be easy to prove, with eyewitnesses and even video evidence in your favor? In this article, we’ll explore some compelling reasons to hire an attorney, even when your case seems easy to win.
- Why it’s hard to prove medical malpractice DetailsUnderstanding the complexities of proving medical malpractice and the actions you need to take to build a solid case.
- How many medical malpractice cases per year in the US? DetailsMillions of people each year are victims of negligence when it comes to the medical care they receive. However, on average, only 20,000 cases of medical negligence are filed each year. Why?
- What is a hospital ombudsman? DetailsMore and more people these days are relying on hospital ombudsmen to navigate a health care system that’s more and more complicated and often overwhelming. What is the job of the hospital ombudsman?
- MICRA Law Changes,2022 DetailsIn 1975 former governor, Jerry Brown, signed into law the Medical Malpractice Compensation Reform Act or MICRA, the intent being to reduce malpractice premiums. For the past 47 years, victims of malpractice were only allowed to recover $250,000 in general damages. On May, 23, 2022, that all changed.
- Medical malpractice news in California DetailsA ballot initiative is now eligible for the November 2022 election which proposes to raise the cap of $250,000 on noneconomic damages in medical malpractice lawsuits.
- Tourist attraction attorney in San Diego DetailsSan Diego has some of the best beaches in the world for fun in the sun. But, it’s also home to some of the best tourist attractions in the country…
- California statute of limitations for medical malpractice lawsuits DetailsYour right to file a lawsuit has a time limit in California the law is called “statute of limitations”. Different kinds of cases have different deadlines. The court will refuse to hear your case if the statutory time has passed…
- Why did I choose to open my law practice in San Diego DetailsSan Diego my hometown” Although a large city, it is a community and as a lifelong resident I choose to fight for the rights of San Diegans…
- Shoulder dystocia attorney in San Diego, CA DetailsShoulder dystocia or SD occurs during the birthing process when the baby’s head passes through the birth canal, but the shoulders remain stuck behind the mother’s pubic bone or are pushed up against the mother’s sacrum.
- Bacterial meningitis malpractice attorney DetailsWhile bacterial meningitis is rare, it can have serious and even life-threatening consequences if it’s not treated immediately.
- Erb’s Palsy Lawyers DetailsErb’s Palsy, an injury to the brachial plexus, occurs most commonly during birth, affecting the fifth and sixth cranial nerves.
Disclaimer: The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.