Attorney for anesthesia related injuries
Anesthesia is a method used to control pain during surgery or other types of procedures using medicines called anesthetics. Anesthetics are administered by anesthesiologists, doctors who are specifically trained in the use and administration of these drugs and are an integral part of any surgical procedures as well as post-operative care during hospital stays. Anesthetics can be inhaled, given intravenously, or by injection.
There are several types of anesthesia:
- General anesthesia – used for general surgery/ affects the brain and the entire body
- Regional anesthesia – blocks pain to a larger part of the body such as the legs, hands, feet
- Local anesthesia – numbs a small part of the body for a minor procedure
Anesthesia malpractice can result from a variety of errors on the part of anesthesiologists, certified registered nurse anesthetists ( CRNAs), and hospitals, in general. These errors are often life-changing, resulting in permanent injury, brain damage, and even death in some cases.
If you or a loved one has suffered from an anesthesia injury as a result of negligence on the part on an anesthesiologist or other health care professional, you need to contact an anesthesia malpractice lawyer to learn about your legal options. San Diego attorney, Scott S. Harris, helps victims of anesthesia malpractice obtain compensation for any injuries they have suffered as a result of anesthesia negligence.
Do you have a malpractice case?
Anesthesia injuries can be the result of:
- Administering an incorrect dosage of anesthesia
- Failing to thoroughly review the patient’s medical history
- Administering the wrong type of anesthesia
- Improper intubation of the patient
- Failure to thoroughly manage the administration of medications, blood, and fluids
- Failure to adequately monitor vital signs during a procedure
Proving negligence and liability in anesthesia malpractice cases is a complex legal issue that should be handled by an attorney that specializes in medical malpractice. If you’re searching for medical malpractice attorneys in San Diego, Scott S. Harris should be at the top of your list.
With more than 30 years of experience in the field of medical and legal malpractice as well as personal injury claims, Mr. Harris understands the long-term effects anesthesia injuries can have on an individual and his or her loved ones in terms of medical treatment and care, rehabilitation, and permanent long-term care.
Serving San Diego and the surrounding region
Handling the personal injury case which arises from an anesthesia medical malpractice case requires the skills of the experienced medical malpractice expert.
If you feel that you or someone you love has been a victim of anesthesia malpractice, contact the Law Offices of Scott S. Harris, attorney for anesthesia malpractice injuries in San Diego, to schedule a free consultation.