Kaiser Permanente Information and Lawsuits
A collection of informational articles about medical malpractice lawsuits against Kaiser Permanente and its mandatory arbitration process for handling medical malpractice suits.
- Kaiser Permanente’s mental health care nightmare DetailsAttorneys advocating for mental health care rights have filed numerous lawsuits against Kaiser Permanente.
- Patient care vs. employee care at Kaiser Permanente in San Diego, CA DetailsAn understaffing crisis exacerbated by the COVID pandemic has left many departments at Kaiser facilities constantly understaffed. The result? Patient care suffers.
- Can you trust the water at Kaiser Permanente? DetailsA recent problem with the water system in Kaiser’s Zion Medical Center in Grantville is just another in a long line of issues that have plagued the HMO.
- Are any Kaiser Permanente locations in California good? DetailsChoosing a healthcare provider is an incredibly important decision but it can be difficult to know which providers are the best.
- San Diego: Kaiser vs Sharp reviews DetailsIf you’re looking for health insurance in San Diego, two options are Kaiser Permanente and Sharp Health Plan. Take some time to research both plans plus reviews of each by member patients. You may be surprised what you learn.
- Does Kaiser Permanente have a bad reputation? DetailsFor many years, Kaiser Permanente has received high marks for the quality of care provided to its members as well as its integrated health delivery model. However, an online search for patient reviews of the HMO paints a different picture.
- Recent cases against Kaiser Permanente DetailsKaiser Permanente has recently been the subject of some high profile legal cases, including the wrongful death of a 54 year old Novato, CA man.
- Kaiser’s legal department team DetailsKaiser members must go through the HMO’s private arbitration process when bringing a claim of medical negligence. Without the help of an attorney with expertise in the process, your case could end up a failure.
- Kaiser Permanente visitor policy DetailsYou need to be there to support your loved ones and for your peace of mind. This also means having important conversations with the doctor on the floor regarding care and treatments.
- How long does it take to get an appointment at Kaiser DetailsEven after California insurance regulators reached a settlement with Kaiser Permanente in 2017 which addressed the HMO’s repeated failures to provide their patients with prompt access to mental care, the problem continues and is not limited to appointments for behavioral health.
- Did Kaiser fail to diagnose your cancer? DetailsEarly detection and diagnosis of cancer is the most important step in a patient getting the best possible treatment and increasing the chances of survival. Unfortunately, a misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis can have serious impacts on a patient’s survival.
- Kaiser Permanente problems now go beyond medical malpractice cases DetailsKaiser Permanente has been at the center of some high-profile medical malpractice cases over the years. However, the HMO giant has recently been embroiled in a federal lawsuit alleging fraud to the tune of $ 1 billion vs. Medicare.
- Top hospitals in San Diego, CA. DetailsChoosing a hospital is as important as choosing your doctor. It’s all about your continued health and wellbeing. While many factors go into choosing a hospital, its reputation is very important to attracting patients, qualified and reputable staff, and recommendations from referring physicians.
- You’ve heard the rumors, and they might be true DetailsKaiser Permanente is the biggest not-for-profit HMO in the country. However, over the years, Kaiser has developed a bad reputation among many of its members and even some its physicians.
- How to file a complaint against Kaiser Permanente DetailsMost states, including California, have a variety of public agencies that you can contact if you want to file a complaint about the medical care or other issues you’ve experienced as a patient of Kaiser Permanente. However, in cases involving malpractice, the process is more complicated.
- The Kaiser HMO nightmare DetailsThere are hundreds of members of Kaiser Permanente’s HMO with nightmare stories of negligent care at the hands of Kaiser physicians and other healthcare professionals within their system.
- Kaiser killed your family member; now what? DetailsOver the years, many wrongful death cases have been brought against Kaiser Permanente due to malpractice and negligence, including delays in treatment, misdiagnosis, surgical errors, or failure to refer.
- Why filing a complaint against Kaiser Permanente isn’t worth your time DetailsIf you have a problem with the treatment or care you received as a member of the Kaiser system, you can file a complaint. However, filing a complaint has little chance of getting you a positive result.
- How to sue a Kaiser Permanente doctor DetailsHere is how to file a lawsuit claiming medical malpractice against a doctor in the Kaiser Permanente system.
- Can you win a lawsuit against Kaiser Permanente? DetailsIf you are considering filing a medical malpractice lawsuit against one of the Kaiser Permanente entities, you’ll want an expert arbitrator by your side.
- Kaiser Medical and Malpractice Attorney in San Diego DetailsIf you are a member of Kaiser Permanente, and you’ve been a victim of negligence on the part of one of their doctors or hospitals, you must bring your claim to a private arbitration process vs. having your case heard in a jury trial.
- Can you sue your HMO? DetailsSuing an HMO is harder than suing a physician or hospital. While HMO’s can be held liable for failing to provide adequate health care to a patient, many impose limitations on members filing malpractice lawsuits …
- Do you have a legal case against Kaiser? DetailsKaiser Permanente pioneered the concept of the HMO. Today, the Kaiser Plan has more than 8 millions members throughout the state of California. Theirs is an integrated model for health care which means that you have to use their doctors and hospitals for your care. In addition, limitations have been added to all of their group policies regarding how cases of medical malpractice against Kaiser can be handled.
Helping You Cope
Disclaimer: The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.