Elder Care, Nursing Home Concerns, and Malpractice
Each year hundreds of thousands of adults over the age of 60 are abused, neglected, or financially exploited. This is elder abuse, and it can happen in many places – nursing homes, assisted living, or the home of a family member. We offer information about elder abuse and legal options for dealing with it.
- Nursing home abuse with younger patients DetailsPeople under the age of 65 now account for about 15% of nursing home residents and comprise the fastest growing segment the of the nursing home population, as a whole…
- Nursing home weight loss may be a bad sign DetailsAccording to a recent investigation undertaken by the federal government, 43% of nursing home residents were found to be critically underweight. Could the nursing home be at fault?
- Visiting a nursing home for your parents; what to look for DetailsThe decision about moving your elderly parent into a nursing home is often difficult and fraught with emotion. How can you ensure that your parent won’t become a victim of abuse or negligence?
- Nursing home wrongful death information DetailsPeople are living longer these days. Therefore, the percentage of people who require long-term care is rapidly growing. Sadly, they’re the most vulnerable segment of the population.
- Medical elder abuse information Details1 in 10 older adults experiences some form of abuse or neglect by a caregiver every year…
- Was it nursing negligence? DetailsNurses play a crucial role in the care of patients. They should be advocates for patients, making sure that all doctors’ orders are followed and properly carried out as well as be responsive to the medical needs of the individuals in their care.
- Do you know the real signs of elder abuse? DetailsElder abuse can be physical, mental, emotional, and sexual as well as financial exploitation, neglect, and abandonment.
- The nursing home abuse stats you need to know DetailsNursing homes and their staff owe a duty of care to their residents as well as to their families. Sadly, over 40% of nursing home residents have reported being the victim of some type of abuse, and a staggering 90% have reported that they or another resident have been a victim of neglect.
Disclaimer: The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.